Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What's in a hug?

Today I got my first spontaneous hug from Alex. I mean we have gotten plenty of hugs from both boys at bed time but it's a ritual and still even then we don't get hugs every night. But today we were playing on the floor and Alex was sitting in my lap. He got up turned around pushed my hair back and put his little arms around my neck and just sat there for a minute. I was touched I could've cried right there. These are the moments that make being a mother awesome. I'll get to experience it AGAIN when Trevor does it. Well I guess that should be an if Trevor does it but I'm sure he will. He's actually more cuddly than Alex.
This whole experience was promptly trumped by screaming, crying, crabby babies who obviously needed another nap today, but for those 60 seconds it was heaven. Then we remember we have twins and twice the screaming. But twice the lovin'.

No comments: