Friday, April 4, 2008

They are starting to understand...

Yesterday I had a REALLY bad day at work. So I cracked open a Mike's Hard Lemonade when I got home. And being that I don't think I've had an adult beverage in front of the boys ever, this was new to them and they wanted to try it. So they kept making their UHN noise and pointing and sticking their finger in their mouth (drink-sign language). I kept saying no because this is a mommy beverage, it's not for kids (and under my breath I said until your 16...I'm thinking realistically).
So next Alex crawled up on the couch next to me, crossed is legs, put his hands in his lap and smiled up at me. It was just the cutest thing. But I told him no anyway. Then he did a cute little giggle. Well I wanted to give him the world at this point. I still didn't let him get a sip but I let him play with the bottle when I was finished.
Alex is just so adorable and he's starting to understand that being cute gets him what he wants a lot easier than screaming. That at least makes me feel good that Kris and I are doing something right with our parenting styles.

No comments: