Monday, April 21, 2008

A trip to the zoo

Friday my sister, Lacey, and I went to the zoo with our kids. She has Kyle, who is 1 year older than my boys, and Brennan, who is 10 months younger than my boys. We walked around the zoo for a while then we stopped to have lunch. Trevor had fallen asleep in the stroller so he stayed there and I had Alex sitting on the bench with me.
Lacey asked Kyle, "Who is that?"
Kyle said, "Alex."
Lacey and I looked at each other amazed that he knew... Then Kyle turned and pointed to Trevor, and said, "That Alex is sleeping."
Lacey and I just bust out laughing. He was so close at convincing us he knew who was who.
Later, I went to the restroom and Lacey was trying to get Alex to say, "Aunt Lacey" Kyle noticed what was going on and looked at Alex and said, "Say Kyle." It's just too cute.
I forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures yet but Lacey did get some. I know that my boys did see the Black Bears because they were actually moving that day and the boys did their sign language for Bear. They also saw the peacock that came to visit us during lunch. They both signed Peacock too. Then while walking with the kangaroos I was trying to show them the kangaroos and they both signed sleeping which is what all the kangaroos were doing in the distance. Other than that Alex pointed out all the birds and trash cans and Trevor just kinda stared around and fiddled with his pretzel stick that Lacey gave him before we left my house.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Unfortunately the Detroit Zoo is designed so that the trash cans and pest birds are more prominent to kids in strollers than the animals. Sounds like you had a nice time anyways. You might want to try the zoo in Toledo someday, it's much easier to see the animals and get around there.