Monday, July 14, 2008

The next Bobby Flay?

This past Saturday I was cooking breakfast for the boys. They were being extra whiney so I decided to let them "help" me. So first I let Alex put the bread in the toaster and push the button down. That worked well though Trevor was screaming in the background. So next I let Trevor pour the egg beaters into the pan. While Alex was screaming in the background...
Next I let them sprinkle cheese on the egg beaters. Unfortunately I don't have a step stool so I had to pick each one up to do this. (I probably should've thought through this better but nothing happened so we're okay for now.) I know my next purchase. Trevor grabbed a hand full of cheese and just dumped it in the eggs. Alex on the other hand grabbed a hand full of cheese and actually sprinkled it around the eggs evenly. I thought it was so cute. And cool... I don't think he's ever been able to see what we are doing when we're cooking since I don't have the aforementioned foot stool yet. So it was just cool to see that he naturally knew to sprinkle the cheese around the eggs. On the other hand this could have been a fluke and he was just trying to get the most out of his cooking time.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Maybe TWO footstools...