Tuesday, July 8, 2008

FIREWORKS!!!

Last week was a very busy week for the boys and me. On Tuesday we went up to the Rochester Hills Fireworks. We have a friend that lives near the park so we go there for dinner and walk over to the spot that he put the sleeping bags down on the night before. This place is crazy for the fireworks. They are at Borden Park at John R and Hamlin. They have food vendors and a stage with a live band and they have music through the fireworks. They are one of my favorite displays in the area.

The last time I went was while I was pregnant with a big ole belly. So this year I decided to take the boys up to see. them. I had no idea how they were going to react since the fireworks don't start until after their bed time and I didn't know how they'd react to the noise once they did start. But I thought I'd try anyway.

First while we were eating dinner the boys kept looking at the neighbor's house because they had a lot of kids over and they were all playing. Their back yards are all connected. So when I figured they weren't going to eat anymore I said, "OK! Go play!" And they did. Trevor ran over there without hesitation and Alex ran over there when Grandma Sandy walked over there to make sure it was okay. I never thought they would just run over there so I was in shock and I was still eating. Paul is GREAT on the BBQ! There were actually 2 sets of twins over there one set was older than the boys and the other looked to be about the same age. The boys had a blast until Trevor got hit by a swing. But he calmed down fast.



Next we walked over to the park. The boys had it easy since they were in the stroller. We got to our spot and just chilled out. Trevor sat in Grandma's lap and looked like he was going to fall asleep but he never did. Alex just acted crazy and I think he was trying to make sure he stayed awake.



And once the fireworks started they were in awe for about 10 minutes. They just stared at the sky. They actually reached out for each other's hands too and held hands for a portion of the show. But after about 10 minutes they started playing until the Grand Finale when they watched again. There was no screaming and no fussing. The other couple that was with us told me I had the most well behaved kids. He couldn't believe that almost 2 year olds were able to sit through that and not cause a fuss.
Here they are watching the show.


No comments: