Monday, October 22, 2007

Zoo Boo

This weekend was full of Halloween activites. On Friday we went to Halloween Nights at Greenfield Village. That was a lot of fun but I didn't dress the boys in their costumes because they wouldn't really fit in their car seats. The boys had fun watching everyone and fell asleep by the end. We got lots of candy, chips and a beanie baby black cat. We saw ghost and goblins and one other attendee was dressed as Captain Jack - Johnny Depp and was acting the part awesomely. He looked down at my two kids who were dressed alike at this point and said, "Oh, I'm seeing double again. I need more Rum." He was hilarious.



Then on Sunday night we went to the Zoo Boo at the Detroit Zoo. We dressed up this time Stephaine went with me and we pulled the boys in the wagon. We dressed Trevor in the Alligator costume and Alex in the Turtle. I did this because I thought Alex would just rip his head piece off because he hates things on his head now after his helmet. But Alex actually kept his head piece on until we got to the zoo and then he kept it on a few times when I put it back on. We went there this time with a couple from my Twins Group that I met through Beaumont. There was supposed to be another couple but they got there late and we had already gone in so we missed them. Luckily they were still able to get tickets to go in though. And they should've been right behind us.


So we got to walk through the Zoo and stop at some treat stations and see some animals made out of pumpkins and squash. We got to go through the "Reptile Haunted House" and take Alex and Trevor's picture by the turtle scuplture. Once I got Alex out of the stroller he was having a blast. He started talking and waving to everyone. Trevor was more interested in what was in his bag because he realized people were putting things in there for him. Then we went through a tent that had shows every 15 mintues or so but we didn't stay to watch because it was too warm. Then we were at the end. It was a lot of fun to see all the other kids dressed up and to watch my kids get excited.


We're going to the Zoo Boo again on Saturday with my friends from high school and their kids so that should be a lot of fun. Hopefully, I'll get a picture of all the kids then.

No comments: