Monday, March 17, 2008

Trevor's a Geek already

While I was in Washington DC and Houston's Johnson Space Center I purchased some board books for Alex and Trevor. Trevor really grew to love one on a pretend space flight that boy/girl twins take. There are a lot of pictures of space shuttles throughout the book. He now knows the space shuttle and can point it out in all the space books. Plus I bought them a stuffed space shuttle with a sound thing it that sounds like a shuttle taking off., well not that loud but the same noise.
Well last week there was a shuttle launch at 2 am Tuesday March 4th. Kris decided to tape it from HDNet. This was cool for me too because I haven't seen a shuttle launch in HD yet. Yes I know I'm a geek and I'm not afraid to admit it. I was unfortunately traveling last week so I couldn't watch it live. So Kris started playing the launch back for Trevor and he got SOOOO excited. He looked around for his book and/or the stuffed shuttle and he would just stand in front of the TV watching the shuttle take off. He already wants to be an astronaut. I'm so proud... Since I was gone I missed all the first time excitement and Kris didn't video tape it for me. But I did play the launch again for Trevor on Friday and he had his stuffed space shuttle in his hand and he stared at the TV with noticeable excitement. Alex even watched this time too. According to Kris Alex really didn't pay any nevermind to the launches the first few times Kris played it.

No comments: