Monday, January 7, 2008

Jungle Java

Yesterday I finally took the boys to Jungle Java. The closest one to me is in Farmington Hills so it's not the most convenient place for me to get to. But my mom asked if we could do something on Sunday so we took the kids there to play. Luckily, our first choice was the zoo and based on how foggy it was from the snow melting I don't think we would've been able to see any animals.

So we get there and the kids of course were a little intimidated. As they always are in a new situation. So they just sat back and watched for a little while. Grandma took Trevor over to watch some of the bigger kids shooting hoops and I sat with Alex and tried to get him to sit on the various toddler structures. Which included a zebra, an alligator, a tree stump, and a "waterfall" slide.

Unfortunately, I forgot my camera but my dad was nice enough to bring it up, however, it was stuck in an error when I got it so I couldn't take any pictures. The only pictures I got were from our phones. So now we just have to go back. :)
These pictures turned out really fuzzy and out of focus and the lighting is way off. But at least I got something.


Eventually the kids started playing on the toys and having fun. For part of the time it was only Alex and Trevor in the toddler area so I let Trevor walk up the slide because that was all he wanted to do. But when other kids started joining us I had to stop him from climbing up the slide because he was influencing the other kids and causing a traffic jam on the slide. When I would pull him off the slide he would sit on the floor and have a temper tantrum then run and hang out with Grandpa instead. A little girl never even thought to walk up the slide until she saw Trevor do it. Hopefully, her parents didn't get mad with me. Course I didn't feel too badly when the siblings can charging in and jumping over everything and crawling up the slide and jumping over the wall.
Alex really started having a blast. Basically when the rest of the kids were gone. I took him over to the steps for the slide and he climbed up them. Then when he got to the top he would hold his arms up. I don't know if he wanted me to pick him up or if he didn't know how to sit down on the slide himself but every time I sat him down and pushed him down the slide. Then he would stand up and start running around to climb up the stairs again and he had a huge smile on his face and would screech as he ran by me. It was the most adorable thing. I hope that he'll still do it next time we go and I'll remember a video camera to capture it. I just loved seeing him so happy. Especially, after how crabby he was during the holidays from all his illnesses.1




No comments: