Monday, February 25, 2008

Back from DC

Well we're back from the Future City Competition in Washington DC. We didn't place in the top 5 this year though. We did however, win the Best Transportation System Special Award. Fitting being that we're from Michigan. I'm guessing that they may have a little thing going though that doesn't allow teams from the previous year who placed in the top 5 to place in the top 5 again. Because the winning team from last year was there again this year and also did not place in the top 5. At least that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
There is also the theory that Kris prayed too hard. He REALLY didn't want me to be gone for another week while I went to Space Camp. So we can blame him too that we didn't make the top 5. Our team did great though and they had a lot of fun. The boy, Jack, who was on the team is a 7th grader, so he'll be back next year. I'm pretty sure he had the whole idea in his head for next year already figured out before we touched down at metro.
There's always next year!!!
OH, and for my involvment with being a mentor for this Future City team, I will be receiving an award for "Mentor of the Year" at the ESD Gold Awards Banquet this Wednesday Feb. 27th, at the Rock Financial Show Place. ESD - Engineering Society of Detroit. The teacher from the team will also be getting the "Teacher of the Year" award. So the team gets to get together one last time. Well except the pizza party!

No comments: