Friday, December 7, 2007

First Hair Cut

For quite a while now I've been thinking that the boys really need a hair cut. They were starting to get tails and Trevor had this crazy afro-fluffy hair-do in the back of his head. I was just super paranoid and didn't know how to do it. I was afraid their hair would look uneven and that they would have this wavy haircut. But yesterday I decided it just had to be done. Look at all this hair. And it approaching their eyes.

It has taken 15 months before the boys got their first hair cut. My nephew isn't one yet and I think he's had 3 or 4 already. But my boys have really fine hair and I also had the free that I would cut their hair and they would look bald again. Well I decided we just needed to go for it now and if it looks horrible we can get it fixed before all the Christmases with the families. I set them in their high chair one at a time and used my husband's clippers. I even tied a burp-cloth rag around their neck so they wouldn't get hair down their necks. Here's Alex in his high chair after his hair cut.

It's a much cleaner look but he almost looks bald. But I really cannot believe how much hair came off while I was clippin'. It just really didn't look like they had that much hair. And me being the good scrap booker that I am I saved and labeled a good chunck of each one's hair. It looks darker than their hair that they have kept. I was also amazed at how well they did while I was clipping. Kris thinks it must vibrate their head or something because they just sat there and took it. There was no screaming or squirming. I was very greatful for that. I don't think I would've been able to finish if they were squirming because I would've thought I was hurting them. So here a picture of them after their hair cuts. It was almost bed time so they were a little droopy eyed afterwards. Trevor is sucking on his arm and I think Alex is wondering where his hair went. :-) I did learn some lessons during my first haircuting though:

1.) Cut their hair before the bath so you can wash all the other hair off of them before bed.

2.) Kris told me that I should use his other clippers since I made their hair so short. Apparently the other one would work better for that. (I didn't even know there was a difference.)

3.) I need to strap them down pretty hard while I clip the hair around their ears. The Clippers didn't get that hair so I had to use scissors. Actually Kris used the scissors but they kept whipping their head around because I couldn't hold them still when they jerked. Maybe the new clippers will work better for that.

4.) Don't be afraid of the clippers. They don't hurt them and use them more often so I don't have to go through so much hair.

No comments: